Goodhaven: Cautiously Beating the Market

indythinker85

Guest hellsten

Thanks.

Interesting to see the difference between them (WMT) and Berkowitz (SHLD). Maybe that's what made them leave Fairholme; all the bickering about Sears and Eddie Lampert ;D

Thanks.

Interesting to see the difference between them (WMT) and Berkowitz (SHLD). Maybe that's what made them leave Fairholme; all the bickering about Sears and Eddie Lampert ;D

Goodhaven owns 300,000 of SHLD, and talked about it extensively in the last report.

See page 8:

http://www.goodhavenfunds.com/media/pdfs/GHF-Semiannual-f.pdf

In fact, I saw the Keith Trauner at the last 2 SHLD meetings.

I guess I think its funny we never mentioned GoodHaven as another reason to own SHLD. They are incredibly smart and completely in-depth investors who have worked at Fairholme. They've gone out on their own and still kept a big position in a company like SHLD. Says a lot about the investor base.

I guess I think its funny we never mentioned GoodHaven as another reason to own SHLD. They are incredibly smart and completely in-depth investors who have worked at Fairholme. They've gone out on their own and still kept a big position in a company like SHLD. Says a lot about the investor base.

I agree.  The same can be said about Force Capital and vadim perelman at Baker Street. He left Force capital to start his own shop and continues to hold SHLD.