Breakdown of Higher education

DTEJD1997

Classes have added minimal value.

Maybe to you personally, but not to the hiring manager.  I have thought for sometime that online classes were somewhat suspect.  I now have examples.  One example is of a local lady in my area that makes $200k a year - cash - by taking tests for people.  Her biggest clients are taking tests for would be nurses!!

True that educational resources are available, just like any resource.  The question has always been how you use that resource, is it not?

Cheers

JEast

There is a difference between online classes and online testing.  Some very well-regarded MBA programs allow distance students to take the classes online and then fly to the campus to take the tests at the end of the semester. 

There is a difference between online classes and online testing.

I agree with you in total, but if you are the hiring manager or in HR screening how can you tell?  If I have three (3) candidates with one that graduated from University or Minnesota, the second from University of Washington, and a third from Apollo.  Guess which resume gets left in the file?

Only if there is no experience to go with it.....

In real life Apollo will actually have more experience than either of the University candidates, as they were actually working while the others were on campus. Apollo may well also be the preferred candidate simply because they are more mature, & have demonstrated that they can handle competing priorities (school + work). No wet nursing required.

Just because you are newly graduated from university, does not mean that society automatically owes you a job.

Only if there is no experience to go with it.....

In real life Apollo will actually have more experience than either of the University candidates, as they were actually working while the others were on campus. Apollo may well also be the preferred candidate simply because they are more mature, & have demonstrated that they can handle competing priorities (school + work). No wet nursing required.

Just because you are newly graduated from university, does not mean that society automatically owes you a job.

It depends on the company's experience with graduates from a particular university that determines where they go recruiting.

Here are the top 25 schools as ranked by corporate recruiters,

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704554104575435563989873060.html