New Investment Section?

netnet

Parsad,

Have you given any thought to setting up a separate category for Special Situation?  Obviously, it's an investment idea but a separate category might get more use and postings.  It would be easier to sort through for spinoffs and merger ideas as well.

thanks,

Netnet

Hi Net-net,

The problem is then you start to get too much clutter with different boards.  Special situations don't come around that often, so the board would be sparingly used.  You also can't track a specific stock and keep a historical record for that stock like we do in the "Investment Ideas" section...whether it is a long-term investment or shorter-term special situation.  Cheers!

We could start putting the equivalent of hashtags at the end of the first post (and only the first post) of a new idea.  For example: #spinoff #specialsituation #rightsoffering

That way we could do a quick board search and get a list of situations.

I'll do this in the next thread I start, maybe it will reach critical mass.

We could start putting the equivalent of hashtags at the end of the first post (and only the first post) of a new idea.  For example: #spinoff #specialsituation #rightsoffering

That way we could do a quick board search and get a list of situations.

I'll do this in the next thread I start, maybe it will reach critical mass.

Yeah, for the NWS corp one I just started, I added spinoff to it, so hopefully that will work.

Can we have a Careers sections to post jobs?.... :)

Yeah, I wouldn't mind that.  As long as it is used.  I don't want one job post in there over two years!  ;D  Cheers!

My gut tells me there's more job seekers than job posters on this board, but I would LOVE to be proven wrong!