Apple Already Testing iPhone 6?

Parsad

Article on how Apple may already be testing iPhone 6 and iOS 7.  Cheers!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100350155

They sort of elude to this in the article, but I would guess that developers inside apple working on IOS7 might have software emulators for the iphone 6, so this might not be the actual prototypes of the phone. Exciting none the less. Maybe I will wait to upgrade my 4S.

I would be very surprised if they weren't working on the next iteration.. I don't get how this is news

Exactly.  And just because someone is internally testing something called iphone6 doesn't mean that there won't be an iPhone 5S released much earlier.  This "iPhone6" they are testing could be nothing but a software emulator or it could be a hardware test board as big as a PC motherboard at this point loaded with multiple processors and FPGAs to emulate what will be on the next i-chip.  This isn't the same as a sighting of someone with a market-ready prototype, this really doesn't mean much of anything.

I would be very surprised if they weren't working on the next iteration.. I don't get how this is news

Agreed. I'm sure they started working on iPhone6 (or more likely iPhone 5S) as soon as the iPhone5 was released.

Agreed. I'm sure they started working on iPhone6 (or more likely iPhone 5S) as soon as the iPhone5 was released.

Both long before that.  I'm not sure about software or other hardware, but I know semiconductors.  The development time from concept to product release on something like the A6 chip in the iPhone5 is anywhere from 12-24 months depending on how much is carried over from the generation before.  The A7 is probably nearing completion, but there are groups in Apple working on the A8 and even A9 right now.  I'm sure the A10 is in the concept stage.  I wouldn't be surprised if there are already people working on the iPhone7.  If you count chip development then there are certainly people already working on the chips that will go into the next 3 iPhones maybe the next 4.  These things aren't hobbled together in 6 months.