Joseph Caramadre's life insurance scheme

alwaysinvert

Interesting.  This kind of stuff has been going on in some form or another for a long time.  It isn't that dissimilar from life settlements, an area that I unfortunately know something about.  I never worked with more sketchy and disgusting people than in that area.  Most working in the life settlements area would make used car salesman look like the pillars of the community.

Interesting.  This kind of stuff has been going on in some form or another for a long time.  It isn't that dissimilar from life settlements, an area that I unfortunately know something about.  I never worked with more sketchy and disgusting people than in that area.  Most working in the life settlements area would make used car salesman look like the pillars of the community.

I had to google what life settlement was. I can only imagine what a terrible industry that would be to work in. It makes me queasy just thinking about the horror stories you probably have.

I had to google what life settlement was. I can only imagine what a terrible industry that would be to work in. It makes me queasy just thinking about the horror stories you probably have.

It is an awful industry.  Unfortunately I can't discuss some of the really good stories, but suffice it to say that there are some unbelievable stories there.  It was the only thing I ever was even remotely involved with where background checks were done on the people in a deal.  We'd see the reports and say this is who we're working with?  Crazy.