Solyndra's $733M Plant Had Robots, Spa Showers

Parsad

I'm so disgusted when I read about executives blowing wads of cash on such luxuries.  They all have the Microsoft or Google campus mentality, yet those guys had money coming in when they built their offices.  Executives like this should be held accountable and their own personal assets should be seized.  Cheers!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-09-28/solyndra-s-733-million-plant-had-whistling-robots-spa-showers.html

That is how VC investments work.  Many ideas just don't pan out.  All we see today is the successful result not the tons of $ spent going down the wrong path.  The gov't should stick to basic research and well defined projects that to meet defense and other defined requirements.  Beyond that you are guessing what is going to work and not.  Let the market figure that out (it is alot cheaper) and other centrally planned gov't who want waste money doing it.   

The other loan guarentees given today also look like questionable bets that create jobs at a cost of a few million per permanent job.  How all these green subsidies help anyone but the well-off when we are talking about cutting middle/lower class transfer payments is beyond me. 

Packer