Warren and Charlie vs. Alchohol

nodnub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I believe that Donald J. Trump has stated several times that he does not drink or smoke. He may be the value exception that proves the value drinkers rule?

How did Donald Trump become a value investor!  ;D 

And what the hell are you guys smoking down there in the U.S.?  How is this moron in the running for President?  Didn't you guys learn anything by putting the last idiot in power who bankrupted a company...remember the credit crisis...remember Dubya and Cheney? 

Trump is the last guy you want running your country.  A rich a-hole who inherited a real estate company, and shills his brand like a two-bit carney.  Cheers!

Guest Bronco

No worries parsad, trump has no shot.  I don't hate the guy, just really pay no interest to him.

I'm hoping the republicans run someone strong that we don't know about yet.  Romney is another weak candidate.

Buffett said your genes affect your life expectancy more than diet and exercise. He's had some relatives live quite long. Also, his diet isn't as bad as portrayed. This is Buffett's response to a letter a Nutritional Dentist (and BRK shareholder) wrote expressing his concerns over his poor dietary habits:

"My diet, though far from standard, is somewhat better than usually portrayed. I have a wonderful doctor who nudges me in your direction every time I see him. All in all, I’ve enjoyed remarkably good health — largely because of genes, of course — but also, I think, because I enjoy life so much every day. "

http://www.omaha.com/article/20090823/MONEY/708239979/0/FRONTPAGE

There were/are rumors that Trump was/is not a billionaire as mentioned. He sells his name and has made money off of it. He is a showman and needs to be in press to keep his name relevant. He has had many girlfriends/wives to add to the image.

If he is not making noise, how would one recognise his name? If no one recognizes his name, he can't sell his brand.

The Truth is that he was on the verge of bankruptcy around 1989 because he had signed personal guarantees on loans.  However, the banks saw more value from leaving him a sliver of his former equity and having him be Mr. Outside and do PR for the insolvent developments than from forclosing.

Since then he's been "The Donald" rather like that other valuable promotional character, Ronald McDonald.  ;D

What I said was that Trump was the Value exception that proves the value teetotaler rule, although now that I think about it he may have gotten his value religion. The last purchases he has made, golf courses and most recently a 900 acre vineyard in Virginia, have been serious distress sales where the transaction price has been considerably lower than the last asking price. He also flies a vintage boeing 727 which is a great value for space relative to a modern conventional business jet such as a Gulfstream or Bombardier Global Express.

I don't know anything about Fragile X and apparently according to the Cundill book not many others do as well.

• 8 years later...

Well, I'm the only one who has voted so far.  And no, not all value investors are teetotallers!  I drink a cup of coffee every day, and I usually have at least one glass of wine or some other hard drink every weekend...usually no more than 3-4 a month.  I drink green tea with my dim sum or chinese food, and I usually will have a cup of tea every evening.  I usually have 2 cans of Coke a week as well...usually when I'm watching my Canucks play.  Not a real beer drinker, other than Guiness or the occasional pale ale if I'm out some where.  Cheers! 

Yes, this is good because i love drink some tea after meal and wine, i love oolong tea, so i already drink some oolong tea after dinner and wine, i feel the tea with much flavor then, you can try in this way.

There were/are rumors that Trump was/is not a billionaire as mentioned. He sells his name and has made money off of it. He is a showman and needs to be in press to keep his name relevant. He has had many girlfriends/wives to add to the image.

If he is not making noise, how would one recognise his name? If no one recognizes his name, he can't sell his brand.

The Truth is that he was on the verge of bankruptcy around 1989 because he had signed personal guarantees on loans.  However, the banks saw more value from leaving him a sliver of his former equity and having him be Mr. Outside and do PR for the insolvent developments than from forclosing.

Since then he's been "The Donald" rather like that other valuable promotional character, Ronald McDonald.  ;D

Based on the book Vulture Investors by Hillary Rosenberg, Wilbur Ross (I believe) corroborated what you said about the banks seeing more value from leaving his name on the various Trump properties.