Inflation

bookie71

There has been a lot of discussion on the effects of inflation.  We were cleaning out some old files and I thought you might be interested in the costs of medical and dental a few years ago (seems like a few, but if you are young then many years ago).

The hospital bill for the birth of our first child in June 1962 (three days) was 158.05 of which 29.00 was the baby's portion and 3.00 was for meals.  I don't have the bill but the doctor charged 150 for the prenatal and birth.

In 1974 I paid 18.00 for a dental exam (8.00 for x-rays and 10.00 for dentist)

Remember that prior to 1964 quarters and dimes were made of real silver.

My charge rate in 1964 as a CPA (2 years experience) was $11.00 per hour and the partner was $40.

I got started in digging these up, because a client came in with one of my old bills for his tax return in 1975 for $50.00. (it was a very complex return and probably would be 2500-3000 today.

Someone said inflation is the most insidious tax there is and they were right. 

In the USA there are two groups that have sold us out -

Democrats and Republicans

(not meant to be funny)

Glad to see someone gets it.

People are funny.  If you insult the Republicans only, they'll get mad.  If you insult the Democrats only, they'll get mad.  If you insult both, everyone remains happy.

(not meant to be funny)

Glad to see someone gets it.

People are funny.  If you insult the Republicans only, they'll get mad.  If you insult the Democrats only, they'll get mad.  If you insult both, everyone remains happy.

Especially when both of them lack fiscal sanity.

Your point is correct, but in this case both suck on this issue.

Guest broxburnboy

(not meant to be funny)

At some point in time people will come to realize that they sold themselves out, through enabling politicians and themselves to borrow and spend to the point of bankruptcy. After all the people voted for a forever war and tax cuts at the same time! They purchased homes with almost free money in the delusion that homes would appreciate forever. CEOs are rewarded for cooking the books. The whole financial system is rife with fraud (who knows better than FFH owners?) which will never be prosecuted because a single important prosecution will bring down the whole interconnected mess.

Meanwhile we are urged to borrow and spend more... we'll finance the next war by going shopping!