Next GGWPQ? Tronox Equity at $0.38...Plan Value of $2.50

Josh4580

The latest one is only PACER, but my understanding is that the only difference with the one submitted for voting is that insiders (Meruelo and Maddux) are being forced to sell all their shares at $0.45 instead of $0.35 as was the original Charlestown plan. The judge made that decision for a control premium (read the whole thread to see the reasons) to ease the approval. Insiders are still battling trying to oppose the plan but now on appeal court.

http://www.kccllc.net/mmpi

Do you know when the new shares will begin trading? And what will the new ticker be?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest one is only PACER, but my understanding is that the only difference with the one submitted for voting is that insiders (Meruelo and Maddux) are being forced to sell all their shares at $0.45 instead of $0.35 as was the original Charlestown plan. The judge made that decision for a control premium (read the whole thread to see the reasons) to ease the approval. Insiders are still battling trying to oppose the plan but now on appeal court.

http://www.kccllc.net/mmpi

Someone rightly corrected me that M&M are not selling ALL their shares. All shareholders, insiders or not, are under the same proration of approximately 52%.

Plan, since there are doing a 1 to 5 reverse split would your intrinsic value be $10 a share? From what I understand that if C&H now owns 55% of the company, why do they need to take away 52% out of everyone shares?

Probably somewhat lower ($8?). They had to take a BV value hit to get rid of one the competing plans (discussed previously in this thread). The way that C&H is taking that 55% control is through the tender offer on insiders at $0.45 and non insiders at $0.35. If they had not do something like this M&M would ha kept control. Even after this tender they still will have more than 20%

MMPID on the way to $8, liking my average price of $1.90 right now

Many, many thanks, Josh.  A small gain on 52% of our shares and a 3.5 times gain from our adjusted basis to the market price of the remainder.  :)

And the timing is perfecto to take advantage of other opportunities.

You guys are quite lucky to have a winner right about now. Im looking for things to sell, to raise capital. It seems I am always caught on the backend on these sorts of things  ;D. Josh I need to pay more attention to your ideas lol.

TWA my pick was Tronox equity which went up like infinite % from 38 cents.  MMPIQ was PlanMaestro's idea.

Currently I like MMPID but it wasnt my idea.  My favorite idea now is still DIMEQ.  Nothing has really changed in the story since I posted it.  I know you keep track of it more than me on the iHub board.  Please update on DIMEQ over here if anything major changes. 

TWA my pick was Tronox equity which went up like infinite % from 38 cents.  MMPIQ was PlanMaestro's idea.

Currently I like MMPID but it wasnt my idea.  My favorite idea now is still DIMEQ.  Nothing has really changed in the story since I posted it.  I know you keep track of it more than me on the iHub board.  Please update on DIMEQ over here if anything major changes.  

My bad.  My hat is off to plan maestro.  Thank you very much. The key to understanding the risk/reward was the fact that something substantial was left for equity in all three POR's prosed by different classes.  The final plan that was confirmed also preserved something nice for equity, an expected outcome all things considered.

Dimeq has many variables, but they appear to have a stronger case than the Debtors.  Nevertheless, what the judge who tries the case post POR confirmation decides probably will hold up on appeal. Therefore, the case is not a slam dunk for the Dimeq holders.  

I think it's very likely that there will be a settlement once a POR is confirmed before the Dimeq case will be tried.  The  WAMU BOD has major potential liability in how they dropped the ball in their duty to the DIMEQ holders, and I would be very surprised if they didn't lean on their lawyers to settle once a POR is confirmed.

A settlement should be favorable to DIMEQ holders, provided that the Cpt 11 doesn't drag out for many months until the burn rate would eat into Class 12 recoveries.

TWA my pick was Tronox equity which went up like infinite % from 38 cents.  MMPIQ was PlanMaestro's idea.

Currently I like MMPID but it wasnt my idea.  My favorite idea now is still DIMEQ.  Nothing has really changed in the story since I posted it.  I know you keep track of it more than me on the iHub board.  Please update on DIMEQ over here if anything major changes. 

My bad.  My hat is off to plan maestro.  Thank you very much. The key to understanding the risk/reward was the fact that something substantial was left for equity in all three POR's prosed by different classes.  The final plan that was confirmed also preserved something nice for equity, an expected outcome all things considered.

Dimeq has many variables, but they appear to have a stronger case than the Debtors.  Nevertheless, what the judge who tries the case post POR confirmation decides probably will hold up on appeal. Therefore, the case is not a slam dunk for the Dimeq holders. 

I think it's very likely that there will be a settlement once a POR is confirmed before the Dimeq case will be tried.  The  WAMU BOD has major potential liability in how they dropped the ball in their duty to the DIMEQ holders, and I would be very surprised if they didn't lean on their lawyers to settle once a POR is confirmed.

A settlement should be favorable to DIMEQ holders, provided that the Cpt 11 doesn't drag out for many months until the burn rate would eat into Class 12 recoveries.

These are my feelings pretty much re DIMEQ.  I think the expected value is much higher than 60 cents, probably around $1.50 at this point.  It should be a small percentage of a portfolio however

• 2 months later...

Plan, any update on MMPI, its down to $2.80...probably a good buying opportunity right?

Josh, I have not heard anything. If I were you I would write an email to Stephen Taylor to see if there are any news and double check if Meruelo is making waves in the court system.

$2.8 is the equivalent of $0.45 pre-POR when book value was around $2 per share. And I am sure you remember that there were several bids for even marginal properties at around book prices ... I think it is worth doing some work on it.

• 4 months later...

There have been some new some developments now MMPI has changed to EVOQ properties. One thing that sticks out from the press releases I have read is Richard Meruelo still owns 45% of the company. I thought he lost most of the ownership and I read he still fighting it in court. Overall it seems renaming the company will most likely lead towards getting listed on the Nasdaq.

There have been some new some developments now MMPI has changed to EVOQ properties. One thing that sticks out from the press releases I have read is Richard Meruelo still owns 45% of the company. I thought he lost most of the ownership and I read he still fighting it in court. Overall it seems renaming the company will most likely lead towards getting listed on the Nasdaq.

M&M's large ownership plus the controlling stakes of C&H (and maybe Stephen Taylor) is the main reason for the very low liquidity. Have not heard any updates of Meruelo's efforts to fight this outside bankruptcy court or what is going to happen to the Southpark property.

Still, it looks very cheap especially after the bids around book value proposed for marginal properties in the bankruptcy process..

• 10 months later...

I thought this was announced a few weeks ago. I guess now it is official. Anyway I got out of this stock since I think they need to raise equity in order to continue operations. Another problem is the debt load is still large and this sale just puts a dent into the debt. It seems the re-org didn't help them that much.