What is your top 3 business/finance/investing books you've read?

schin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Irv72 said:

If we're talking about changing investor mindsets, watch this gem: Modern-Day Asset Management Business w/ Anthony Deden. (Cliffnotes here.)

Worth watching more than once. Buffett-Munger-level stuff.

The cliffsnote link above has some very concise writing, although I don’t see a connection to modern day asset management. Too bad he stopped posting in his blog it seems.

Edited by Spekulatius

For me, the top 3 are:

1. Buffett's shareholder letters

2. Anything Charlie (Munger) wrote or said. Of course Poor Charlie's Almanack is a good starting point.

3. Business biographies 

While not in the top 3, I thoroughly enjoyed Luca Dellanna's Ergodicity very much: https://www.amazon.com/Ergodicity-Definition-Examples-Implications-Possible/dp/B09PHBV2HD

A good addition to Annie Duke's Thinking in Bets, another excellent work. 

Edited by Munger_Disciple

6 hours ago, Munger_Disciple said:

2. Anything Charlie (Munger) wrote or said. Of course Poor Charlie's Almanack is a good starting point.

I read Poor Charlie’s almanack for the first time after he passed.. which made me sad he had passed, and because I didn’t read it earlier in life. I think it might have changed things for me. Looking back I was right to question my professors and what they were teaching. But I didn’t put things together quite like Charlie. Then again I am no genius. Great book though. I plan to to re-read it every year. 

2 hours ago, coffeecaninvestor said:

I read Poor Charlie’s almanack for the first time after he passed.. which made me sad he had passed, and because I didn’t read it earlier in life. I think it might have changed things for me. Looking back I was right to question my professors and what they were teaching. But I didn’t put things together quite like Charlie. Then again I am no genius. Great book though. I plan to to re-read it every year. 

Charlie changed my life. I had the good fortune to meet him in an intimate setting a couple of times & I will cherish those moments all my life. I miss Charlie dearly but the good thing is that he left a lot behind for us. There is so much wisdom in his teachings that reading and re-reading every year is a terrific habit. You are on the right path.

Edited by Munger_Disciple

5 hours ago, Munger_Disciple said:

Charlie changed my life. I had the good fortune to meet him in an intimate setting a couple of times & I will cherish those moments all my life. I miss Charlie dearly but the good thing is that he left a lot behind for us. There is so much wisdom in his teachings that reading and re-reading every year is a terrific habit. You are on the right path.

+ 1

For me, the top 3 are:

1. Buffett´s shareholder letters

2. Anything Buffett or Munger wrote or said.

3. This: https://buffett.cnbc.com/annual-meetings/