Extra Virginity: The Sublime and Scandalous World of Olive Oil - Tom Mueller

John Hjorth

Ordered this book this evening. I simply need to understand more about what's going on in this market of olive oil.

- - - o 0 o - - -

Recently, life hasen't been as great for me, as it used to be. So, I have developed a habit of beeing increasingly and extremely nice towards myself. 🙄

So far, I have developed a casual habit of spoiling my self now and then [read : Every afternoon, or every evening], to serve myself a dish with :

1. A glass of wine rosé,

2. In a separate small tiny bowl :

a. Some Brie Cheese, chopped in not too big blocks,

b. A couple of cloves of fresh peeled garlic,

3. And to that, in another tiny bowl :

a. Some high quality Olive Oil, about 5 tea spoons.

I have been thinking of adding some fresh olives from a glass to this composition, and asked by e-mail our housholds olive oil vendor about the matter, and he actually asked for a call back this evening, where both the Lady of the House and I talked with him about both olives in glasses and olive oil in general.

We got no real tangible recommendations for olives in glasses, but I got a recommendation for a book describing the oilve oil market as it was some years ago [, I suppose nothing is changed to the better].

- - - o 0 o - - -

- Noone of us really and actually know what we are using in our households for food preparation with regard to olive oil.

- - - o 0 o - - -

I was recommended to read this book :

Amazon : Tom Mueller : Extra Virginity: The Sublime and Scandalous World of Olive Oil.

[Personally, I have today ordered the book at www.saxo.com, which I as Dane prefer, - when possible -, to avoid the hazzle with overseas customs etc.]