Berkshire letters archive

maxprogram

I just launched a digital archive of all Buffett's letters to shareholders. I think the Buffett/Berkshire fans here could get a lot of value from it:

http://berkshireletters.com

All letters from 1965-2022 are there. More importantly, you can search the letters semantically (by meaning, not just keyword). So you could search "what's a moat" and see where Buffett discusses this.

This was designed for and tested with the folks at Berkshire -- and Warren himself! -- to search the letters. Future additions could be things like annual meeting transcripts or other documents. Let me know if you have any questions about it or find any issues.

Hope everyone enjoys!

(Side note -- it's been years since I've posted here. Really glad to see CofBF still thriving!)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2023 at 4:50 PM, maxprogram said:

I just launched a digital archive of all Buffett's letters to shareholders. I think the Buffett/Berkshire fans here could get a lot of value from it:

http://berkshireletters.com

All letters from 1965-2022 are there. More importantly, you can search the letters semantically (by meaning, not just keyword). So you could search "what's a moat" and see where Buffett discusses this.

This was designed for and tested with the folks at Berkshire -- and Warren himself! -- to search the letters. Future additions could be things like annual meeting transcripts or other documents. Let me know if you have any questions about it or find any issues.

Hope everyone enjoys!

(Side note -- it's been years since I've posted here. Really glad to see CofBF still thriving!)

How did you get WEB's permission to do this? I would love to see you get a "licensed audio/video file of each annual meeting" I have watched as many as I can on youtube, but I would like to see them in a more permanent home. 

21 hours ago, yesman182 said:

How did you get WEB's permission to do this? 

Max has been publishing Warren's letters in book form with Warren's permission / cooperation for many years.  I think Warren prefers that people read his annual letters in his own words as a complete history of Berkshire Hathaway over any of the biographies or warren buffett-way type books.  

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=max+olson+berkshire&crid=3P52MSQ064CP8&sprefix=max+olsen+b%2Caps%2C122&ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_1_11

I speculate that Mr. Buffett has never forgotten how his cooperation with the author of 'Snowball' turned out [the only book about Berkshire / Buffett that I own, that I've never finished reading [in the meaning : reading it from first page to the last], and likely never will].

Maybe Andrew Kilpatrick with his several and regularly editions of "Of permanent value"- 'regularly' at least untill the latest 2020 edition -  may be the exception from that rule of thumb.

6 hours ago, John Hjorth said:

I speculate that Mr. Buffett has never forgotten how his cooperation with the author of 'Snowball' turned out [the only book about Berkshire / Buffett that I own, that I've never finished reading [in the meaning : reading it from first page to the last], and likely never will].

Maybe Andrew Kilpatrick with his several and regularly editions of "Of permanent value"- 'regularly' at least untill the latest 2020 edition -  may be the exception from that rule of thumb.

I think the best biography of Buffett is by Roger Lowenstein even though Warren didn't cooperate with the author. I was disappointed with Snowball even though Buffett gave unprecedented access to its author Alice Schroeder and spent countless hours with her. 

Edited by Munger_Disciple

We can think and speculate away in any direction each of us personally want.

What one gets from buying the original book from www.lulu.com [ Link ] is a survey of the central facts, that turned Berkshire Hathaway Inc. from being a turd to a company saturated with greatness :

Survey of :

1. Float development

2. Cost of float development.

[In the book, it's outside pagination, in the front.]