Benko's Empire Starts Cracking With $25B Insolvency

Parsad

7 minutes ago, ValueArb said:

I'm looking at rental properties and it seems like they are all being discounted over rents they were asking just a couple months ago. Gonna be a tough couple years for the entire industry from commercial to residential.

if you dont mind, can you elaborate more ?

21 hours ago, rohitc99 said:

if you dont mind, can you elaborate more ?

I'm just saying it looks like a glut of space for both commercial and residential property leasing. I'm looking in Arizona, so your mileage may vary.

I've also noticed that used car pricing seems to have dropped significantly in the last couple months, I'm looking at some cars that are down 20% since they were put on the market and have been on the lots over 2 months. Not sure if that's just seasonal for cars and whether pricing will recover when tax refunds arrive.

1 minute ago, ValueArb said:

I'm just saying it looks like a glut of space for both commercial and residential property leasing. I'm looking in Arizona, so your mileage may vary.

I've also noticed that used car pricing seems to have dropped significantly in the last couple months, I'm looking at some cars that are down 20% since they were put on the market and have been on the lots over 2 months. Not sure if that's just seasonal for cars and whether pricing will recover when tax refunds arrive.

thanks. i understand the commerical property glut. is this the case for residential in Arizona or do you think this is happening in other places too

1 hour ago, Gregmal said:

The carvana estimates I get for a few cars have declined 25-35% last 8 months. Remember when people were still obsessed with inflation LOL?

Real estate listings supply is also increasing in Vancouver with prices flat or starting to decrease.  We're seeing increased volume on assignments of pre-built condo contracts.  

Car prices are falling here in Vancouver, but only a few dealers have offered lower interest rates on the loans.  The rates have come down for leases of new cars (you can find offers in the 2.99-4.99% range, but used car financing remains expensive in the 7-9% range. 

Like I said last week...grocery prices are starting to come down.  We've also seen 4 consecutive weeks of falling gas prices.  Plenty of deals were offered on Black Friday and Cyber Monday...stores were relatively busy.

Cheers!