Welcome!

Parsad

Thanks folks!  It's a very easy to use site, that has some decent features and meets our needs.  In regards to the question about discussions being under "General Discussion", that would probably be the easiest and cleanest way to keep the board operating.  Feel free to title your post whatever you want, but let's keep it under General Discussion.  Once everybody starts using the board, a natural flow will evolve and at that point the board may expand into other folders.  Cheers!

A few interface things which will take some getting used to aside, this seems like a reasonable forum, and it was easy to set up email notifications and such.  Also, I second your plan for the determination of other folders coming down the line.

I'm all for splitting out sub boards. I hope it will not get too crazy. For example, the the TDIclub forum http://forums.tdiclub.com/ is a great resource for Volkswagen TDI information BUT it can be way too focused.

The nice part about the MSN board was that there was only one board and you only had to look at one place.

On a personal note, I would like to see a board about BRK and FFH products. A place to discuss Benjamin Moore, Robertson Screws, Mega Blocks and Jazz Air trips.

I guess I'm contradicting myself a bit.

Hi Folks,

Since the board is called "Corner of Berkshire and Fairfax" and virtually every member owns either Berkshire or Fairfax, I thought it would be best to have two seperate boards to discuss those two companies.  I have a third board that relates directly to product experience or customer service related issues to do with Berkshire or Fairfax subsidiaries.  All other discussions should be thrown under "General Discussions" for now.  At some point, if there is significant demand for another category, I will put it in, but I don't want to clutter the home page or make things too complicated.  Thanks very much!

Sanjeev

Thank you Sanjeev! The new forum looks great and the functionality is way ahead of what we had on the MSN board.

One of the downsides I noticed though is that attachments are limited to 128KB. Is it possible to increase this without incurring any extra cost? There are several ways to work around this so it's not that important but I thought I would ask.

Once again, thank you for all of your hard work in getting this forum up and running.

Thank you Sanjeev! The new forum looks great and the functionality is way ahead of what we had on the MSN board.

One of the downsides I noticed though is that attachments are limited to 128KB. Is it possible to increase this without incurring any extra cost? There are several ways to work around this so it's not that important but I thought I would ask.

Once again, thank you for all of your hard work in getting this forum up and running.

Hi guys,

I've increased the attachment size to 2000KB per post.  Hope that helps!  Cheers!

oec2000 (aka oec10210 on the old board) signing in. Been away and busy and just getting up to speed with all the developments.

Sanjeev, thanks for getting this set up so quickly at such a busy time for you. Fantastic. Ever thought of running for political office?  ;) Govt could use a few tips about getting things done on time and on budget!

"Sanjeev, thanks for getting this set up so quickly at such a busy time for you. Fantastic. Ever thought of running for political office?  Govt could use a few tips about getting things done on time and on budget!"

Yeah, make every Gov't employee drive around in a Mini Cooper.

-Crip