Why is NASDAQ futures up?

clutch

I think markets did exactly as they were expected to. Sold off as uncertainty increased and reached it's peak in (night of the election). And now that every day passes, the election results become more and more certain which si positive for equities.

We can try to break it down in a "Biden wins, but stocks aren't worried b/c Republican senate won't pass higher taxes or tech regulations" or whatever, but ultimately I do think it came down to the simplicity of elimination uncertainty.

I think markets did exactly as they were expected to. Sold off as uncertainty increased and reached it's peak in (night of the election). And now that every day passes, the election results become more and more certain which si positive for equities.

We can try to break it down in a "Biden wins, but stocks aren't worried b/c Republican senate won't pass higher taxes or tech regulations" or whatever, but ultimately I do think it came down to the simplicity of elimination uncertainty.

It can't just be the elimination of uncertainties. Uncertainty implies that the direction could go either way. It could have been that the "certainty" was bad for the market.