What are you shorting today?

jeffsreng

It's not mine.  It's a friend.  I only have ONE BIG SHORT - All my capital in it.  Hopefully the business will bankrupt.

Wow, I remember you posted a thread asking advice on putting all your capital into a short position.

I know you don't want to disclose the position, but I am interested in how are you structuring the short? Directly shorting shares? Or using some other instruments to take a synthetic short?

Either way I hope it works out for you! (and if not, I hope you're on the younger-side of the equation where it's not a massive sum of capital in the absolute sense). Good luck!

It's capital I don't need or care.  Therefore there's no fear on my bet.  I just hope my research is correct.  I'll show my statement later.

All your money is in 1 short and you don't need or care about it?

I'll throw in a couple of names for kicks:

Square and American Express

Square because of its small business focus with large end market concentration in restaurants, and still has a $20 billion market cap.

Amex because its billing is probably a bit more travel/leisure than typical, and the recent growth area of lending is also a bit more small businesses focused.