Self Published Book on Amazon? Anyone?

schin

On 9/13/2023 at 5:53 PM, boilermaker75 said:

Thanks, I forgot to mention that. I just needed to upload a digital copy since I was only publishing a kindle book.

One ISBN costs $125, but 10 only costs $295. I went ahead and bought 10 in case I ever do a second edition, paperback edition, etc. because each one would requite its own ISBN. I also have another book in mind.

Things have changed since my post. You no longer need to send in physical copy of your book if you publish a paperback.

Also, in the future, don't buy ISBN's if you're not going to publish a paperback. The only reason to buy an ISBN right now is to maximize profits when you publish on both KDP and Ingram using the same number. (It's free to publish paperbacks on either one, but it gets hard to manage if you use the free ISBN.)

9 hours ago, mbreject said:

Things have changed since my post. You no longer need to send in physical copy of your book if you publish a paperback.

Also, in the future, don't buy ISBN's if you're not going to publish a paperback. The only reason to buy an ISBN right now is to maximize profits when you publish on both KDP and Ingram using the same number. (It's free to publish paperbacks on either one, but it gets hard to manage if you use the free ISBN.)

I didn't want my kindle book to be listed as independently published so I needed to purchase an ISBN.

• 3 months later...
On 9/12/2023 at 3:26 PM, Spekulatius said:

Search in Amazon for "Keys to Learning" and look for a book available in Kindle only and published in 2023.

There you have Mike's book:

image.png.96dd0b2b71db6953bec96ecfec056d55.png

Probably a good read for my son who started college just a few days ago. I asked him if he is interested.

The course I wrote this book for went well. The students loved the course. Many said the course and book were difference makers for them. I was always getting comments about how they couldn’t wait to come to class to hear what was next. 

I had a lot of fun talking about neuroplasticity, mental models, purposeful practices, memory, sleep, mindset, grit, exercise, nutrition, meditation, breathing, relationships, etc., instead of electrical engineering. 

The book has gotten 26 reviews on Amazon and 15 on Goodreads with a rating of over 4.9.

On 12/16/2023 at 1:00 PM, boilermaker75 said:

The course I wrote this book for went well. The students loved the course. Many said the course and book were difference makers for them. I was always getting comments about how they couldn’t wait to come to class to hear what was next. 

I had a lot of fun talking about neuroplasticity, mental models, purposeful practices, memory, sleep, mindset, grit, exercise, nutrition, meditation, breathing, relationships, etc., instead of electrical engineering. 

The book has gotten 26 reviews on Amazon and 15 on Goodreads with a rating of over 4.9.

Any way to get a physical copy for my kids?