If Howard Marks was a Gangster

He'd write stuff like this

https://thederekzoolandercenter.tumblr.com/post/142653702524/you-suck-but-its-ok

---

"Well I guess it all started the first time I went through the second grade. I caught my reflection in a spoon while I was eating my cereal, and I remember thinking - wow, you're ridiculously good looking, maybe you could do that for a career." DZ = Model of a Day Trader

---

"Oh, I'm sorry, did my pin get in the way of your ass? Do me a favor and lose five pounds immediately or get out of my building like now!" Mugatu = Protection against Downside

Distressed debt investing & distressed assets investing is not about making new friends, like "I want to work with people whom I like and admire". It's simply just another game.

It's more like: "You are in need of oxygen?" Answer: "Yes, pleaase!" Answer back: "OK - here you go - ... but it'll cost you all your underwear - new and used!"

I think your presentation of material behind this link does not do it justice.

I almost did not click the link because of the quotes you posted.

Then I clicked on it.

And it's good.

So let me try to entice others to click with this nugget:

There is no silver bullet. You cannot mimic Warren Buffett and expect to be good at this. You will fail. In equities, you will probably fail 60-80% of the time. It will hurt. The things you consider to be truest in the world will turn on you again, and again, and again. It’s jarring, and this is just when you’re trading your own money.

Click to read more.  8)

I think your presentation of material behind this link does not do it justice.

I almost did not click the link because of the quotes you posted.

Then I clicked on it.

And it's good.

So let me try to entice others to click with this nugget:

There is no silver bullet. You cannot mimic Warren Buffett and expect to be good at this. You will fail. In equities, you will probably fail 60-80% of the time. It will hurt. The things you consider to be truest in the world will turn on you again, and again, and again. It’s jarring, and this is just when you’re trading your own money.

Click to read more.  8)

Much better call 2 action (u da man...)

He'd write stuff like this

https://thederekzoolandercenter.tumblr.com/post/142653702524/you-suck-but-its-ok

---

"Well I guess it all started the first time I went through the second grade. I caught my reflection in a spoon while I was eating my cereal, and I remember thinking - wow, you're ridiculously good looking, maybe you could do that for a career." DZ = Model of a Day Trader

---

"Oh, I'm sorry, did my pin get in the way of your ass? Do me a favor and lose five pounds immediately or get out of my building like now!" Mugatu = Protection against Downside

He's sort of.. you should study how he (oaktree) raped minority owners in Pulse electronics.

Bump (in the cue 4 a read...)

G. Love & Special Sauce sound awesome (not related, just sayin)