Festivus- Value Investing Edition

eclecticvalue

Tony Robbins will produce a Festivus miracle.

He & the president elect get trapped togeather in an elevator & Robbins hypnotizes Trump.

Trump emerges from the elevator a chubby chaser.

Weight watchers gets shorted into oblivion & Chinese buffets in North America see significant increases in volume (my NVO investment pays off!)

Thank you Tony Robbins!!!

Since we don't have many grievances. I decided to tell some of my own.

Macrotourists- Stop being one of them. You are not George Soros. You should stick with valuing companies instead of economies.

Value Pretenders- You need to move on from value investing and move into low-cost index funds already. Stop coat tailing other investors ideas and do your own due diligence if you want to be a Value Investor.

Since we don't have many grievances. I decided to tell some of my own.

Macrotourists- Stop being one of them. You are not George Soros. You should stick with valuing companies instead of economies.

Value Pretenders- You need to move on from value investing and move into low-cost index funds already. Stop coat tailing other investors ideas and do your own due diligence if you want to be a Value Investor.

Agreed on macro (I read an interesting observation recently where this guy said if you go on vacation & mostly take photos of yourself then you're a tourist & if you mostly take pictures of the places you're visiting then you're a traveller...)

On being a VP (partially done in sectors, never done because they have too many hidden moves I can't copy, done or at least my amateur version...)

I'm not quantitatively sophisticated enough for deep dive, sum of the parts, stuff but I do believe that I can spot quality (whatever that means) & have a reasonable amount of restraint so that I don't buy when CNBC, Morningstar, Value Line or whoever, whips an issue into a frenzy.

Here's to scratching where we all itch!