Mohnish Pabrai video

caprivenky

• 8 months later...

Whats with the stache?  ;D Cheers!

http://www.valuewalk.com/2014/07/mohnish-pabrai-dhandho-heads-win-tails-dont-lose-much-google/

Mohnish Pabrai, Dhandho. Heads I win; Tails I don’t lose much

Published on Jul 29, 2014

The Dhandho Investor: 

In a straightforward and accessible manner, The Dhandho Investor lays out the powerful framework of value investing. Written with the intelligent individual investor in mind, this comprehensive guide distills the Dhandho capital allocation framework of the business savvy Patels from India and presents how they can be applied successfully to the stock market. The Dhandho method expands on the groundbreaking principles of value investing expounded by Benjamin Graham, Warren Buffett, and Charlie Munger. Readers will be introduced to important value investing concepts such as “Heads, I win! Tails, I don’t lose that much!,” “Few Bets, Big Bets, Infrequent Bets,” Abhimanyu’s dilemma, and a detailed treatise on using the Kelly Formula to invest in undervalued stocks. Using a light, entertaining style, Pabrai lays out the Dhandho framework in an easy-to-use format. Any investor who adopts the framework is bound to improve on results and soundly beat the markets and most professionals.

Whats with the stache?

Looks pretty good, doesn't it?!  Grown in quite well!

Much better than the more pencil-thin mustache Mohnish had when he came to Vancouver for TED a few months ago.  Cheers!

The stache looks good.  It has a hipster vibe. Throw on a vest and a bow-tie and he would fit in quite well as a bartender during the prohibition years.

Is there anything new in the talk, or asked another way, say we have seen the last say 15 videos, is it mostly rehash?

Heh, isn't everything just a rehash of Ben Graham? The talk has nothing new, but the questions from the audience were good. They start at 30:30

Heh, isn't everything just a rehash of Ben Graham? The talk has nothing new, but the questions from the audience were good. They start at 30:30

Definitely not. Pabrai has lots of ideas that you won't simply know about by just reading Graham. The three biggest I found were Checklist, position sizing & cloning.

I like to watch every Pabrai video because even though he has a policy of not discussing current holdings, he will provide one or two examples of his current holdings nonetheless...or a new perspective on his past holding.

Definitely not. Pabrai has lots of ideas that you won't simply know about by just reading Graham. The three biggest I found were Checklist, position sizing & cloning.

I like to watch every Pabrai video because even though he has a policy of not discussing current holdings, he will provide one or two examples of his current holdings nonetheless...or a new perspective on his past holding.

+1

I am glad Monish is speaking again more often. I always learn something new from him.

:)