Ikea Standing desk for 22 dollars (life hack)

Green King

I suggest you also try a 'kneeling' chair. At first its a bit uncomfortable on the knees but you'll get used to it. It has certainly worked miracles for me; After many years of sitting behind a desk and suffering slipped disks and other back problems I finally capitulated and bought a kneeling chair with the result that after a few weeks my back pains were gone!

I suggest you also try a 'kneeling' chair. At first its a bit uncomfortable on the knees but you'll get used to it. It has certainly worked miracles for me; After many years of sitting behind a desk and suffering slipped disks and other back problems I finally capitulated and bought a kneeling chair with the result that after a few weeks my back pains were gone!

Interesting. Thanks i will try that next. I am looking for a more comfortable way to read too. 

Which one do you have?

I'm not really a fan of standing for long hours. Isn't that one of the cause of osteoarthritis?

Yhe "cartilage" between your leg bones doesn't regenerate after damage. So utmost care must be taken to ensure that no excessive weight (or reasonable weight for excessive amount of time) is placed on your legs.

Sorry, I'm not quite sure as I bought it a number of years ago and it doesn't seem to have a label. It's a bit like one made by Varier called Mult-Balans but it also has a back support. Note that I'm in Europe so what's available in north America may be different. I thought it was incredibly expensive when I bought it (something like $400 or $500 for a couple of pieces of wood and some padding) but it was really worth it as I had terrible back problems and the chair really helped.

I solved a lower back pain problem caused by my desk job with the exercises explained in "Back Stabilization A New Theory of Back Pain" by Rick Jemmitt. You learn to exercise the stabilization muscles which connect each disk of the spine. It takes 2 to 4 weeks and the pain is gone with 5 to ten minutes per day of tensing and relaxing these muscles.

I wonder if back pain would be far less common if people learned to control and to exercise these muscles.