Bigliari annual meeting notes

shalab

Parsad,

IMO, the thread title with the childish name-calling needs to be fixed. I think it's classless enough for name-calling to appear in individual posts, but a thread title?

I bring it to your attention because I know that a post making what was,quite frankly, a disgraceful analogy about investing alongside Sardar was removed from these boards (voluntarily or otherwise).

I choose the use the 1,333,990 for conservatism.

GrizzlyRock,

I am sure you know this already, but Sardar suggests that you include the shares held by BH in any analysis and make the corresponding adjustments to GAAP accounting.

Best,

Ragu

I once saw Mr.Biglari in the lobby of the Marriott at the BRK AGM.  He was immaculately tailored in a very expensive suit and designer shoes.  He was speaking with one of his shareholders who was telling him how he felt it was wrong for him to change the rules in the middle of the game and have his board give him this unprecedented compensation structure for a CEO.  I was appalled at his lack of empathy and concern for the shareholder and how by body language, words and tone of voice he talked down disdainfully  to the man, one of the owners of the company he worked for.

10. They will spend 15k-20k per store for cameras to help manage from headquarters

Thought this point was odd.  Does he not trust his managers or is he going to nick pick how many fries are on a plate?  Then again it might just be for potential lawsuits claiming they slipped on the floor.

ragu are you affiliated with BH / Sardar aside from investing in shares?

I was thinking the same thing, myth. :P

Myth465/stahleyp,

You likely know this already, but just for the record, I am not affiliated with BH/Sardar other than as a shareholder. I am curious though as to why you thought I was. And even if I was, why you thought I'd be likely to be posting on a message board about BH/Sardar.

Best,

Ragu

ragu are you affiliated with BH / Sardar aside from investing in shares?

I was thinking the same thing, myth. :P

Myth465/stahleyp,

You likely know this already, but just for the record, I am not affiliated with BH/Sardar other than as a shareholder. I am curious though as to why you thought I was. And even if I was, why you thought I'd be likely to be posting on a message board about BH/Sardar.

Best,

Ragu

Ragu, thanks for the disclosure.

While I can't speak for Myth, I just found it odd that you would come to the defense of a CEO who has shown that he doesn't respect shareholders many, many times over (I think I can safely say that many of us here feel his compensation is a little unfair). Just thought you may have an additional interest above and beyond being an ordinary shareholder of BH. After all, there are companies that will hire people to post on forums to help bolster a rather less than spectacular reputation. If he's the GQ type of guy that I've read about, it wouldn't surprise me.

Please don't be offended by my speculation! :)

10. They will spend 15k-20k per store for cameras to help manage from headquarters

Thought this point was odd.  Does he not trust his managers or is he going to nick pick how many fries are on a plate?  Then again it might just be for potential lawsuits claiming they slipped on the floor.

Sardar said it would also cost about $2000 monthly for internet bandwith..they want to watch the kitchen and give advice to stores to make them more efficient...

This jumped off the page at me as well.  Seems very counter to what WEB practices.  Would hope he has more important things to take care of for shareholders than watching employees at a variety of restaurants work.

• 1 month later...

If he's the GQ type of guy that I've read about, it wouldn't surprise me.

stahleyp,

Making character judgments based on personality traits is an exercise that is likely to lead to erroneous conclusions.

Please don't be offended by my speculation! :)

Not at all. I hope though that you reserve your cynicism in the future for those that are actually deserving of it.

Best,

Ragu