Where have all the advertisements gone?

jay21

Interesting link I came across:

http://m.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/03/this-is-the-scariest-statistic-about-the-newspaper-business-today/274125/

Basically, newspapers revenues are getting killed and they aren't making up for it in internet revenue.  I'm assuming a lot of that lost revenue went to Google and non-newspaper online ads.  Also, I would expect to see more subscription based papers.

What I would love to see is something along the following lines:

Take all of the lost revenue from newspaper advertising and sum it, then compare it to the revenue that the online advertisers over the same time period.  My theory is the lines would be moving in opposite directions, yet in dollar terms I wonder if it's a 1:1 or if Google has found a way to make more or less than newspapers?

On this site, I get a lot of ads from "Frederick's of Hollywood". I wonder what ad agencies think about me.

Most of the ads I see on this site are based of my google profile activities (searching and gmail) ;)

it is kind of scary... i look at the one thing on another page and bam the ads shown here are related, almost instantly...

On this site, I get a lot of ads from "Frederick's of Hollywood". I wonder what ad agencies think about me.

Most of the ads I see on this site are based of my google profile activities (searching and gmail) ;)

it is kind of scary... i look at the one thing on another page and bam the ads shown here are related, almost instantly...

It is very scary.  What is stopping the government from tracking the exact same thing?  A wonderful, and increasingly weird, world we are living in.  Cheers!

It is very scary.  What is stopping the government from tracking the exact same thing?  A wonderful, and increasingly weird, world we are living in.  Cheers!

Nothing and they do.  Same with credit card info.  Gay, pregnant, both?  Google knows.  ;)