Kyle Bass Interview

Parsad

• 3 weeks later...

I have heard Kyle Bass's presentations on youtube and it is scary, but when people talk about it there is nothing but total agreement, but why doesn't the market agree with him at least right now. Why are interest rates so low and inflation so low? and why is someone willing to sell him the swaps? In hindsight we know who sold the CDS's in 2007 (think AIG) so they were stupid and bailed out, and many books written about AIG.

Will we see the same thing happen to the entity on the other side of kyle bass's trade?

If you don't think so, then what is the argument used by the entity on the other side of the trade?

I love the markets, you can put your money where your mouth is :)

Curious if anyone knows Hayman Capital's long-term tack record. Mainstream media seems to give him a lot of credit but I don't remember hearing his record mentioned.

I always figured he was just a permabear, 2006-2009 was 340% or so, no idea how he's fared since then.  Might be able to fish out a newer letter:

http://www.marketfolly.com/2009/03/kyle-bass-hayman-capital-letter-to.html

Personally, in his niche I prefer Hugh Hendry...

Curious if anyone knows Hayman Capital's long-term tack record. Mainstream media seems to give him a lot of credit but I don't remember hearing his record mentioned.

Would love to understand his record. I went to a presentation he did in Nov 2012 in Chicago. He followed David Herro, who gave several

companies in Japan as being good candidates for investment. Then Kyle gives this very convincing presentation about how Japan was

going down the tubes. It was almost embarrassing as it made Herro look bad.

Fast forward 1 year - and Herro looks very smart. Making these large economic macro bets is not so easy to translate into profits.