"Macro" Musings

giofranchi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read the below comments by Dr. Marc Faber and had to share them since they made me laugh... a lot.

Dr. Marc Faber, the investment guru, concluded his monthly bulletin  with the following comments! :

"The federal government is sending each of us a $600 rebate. If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, the money goes to China . If we spend it on gasoline it goes to the Arabs. If we buy a computer, it will go to India . If we purchase fruits and vegetables it will go to Mexico , Honduras and Guatemala . If we purchase a good car, it will go to Germany  and Japan . If we purchase useless crap, it will go to Taiwan . In short, none of it will help the American economy.

The only way to keep that money here at home is to spend it on prostitutes and beer, since these are the only products still produced in the US .

I've been doing my part....."

I just read the below comments by Dr. Marc Faber and had to share them since they made me laugh... a lot.

Dr. Marc Faber, the investment guru, concluded his monthly bulletin  with the following comments! :

"The federal government is sending each of us a $600 rebate. If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, the money goes to China . If we spend it on gasoline it goes to the Arabs. If we buy a computer, it will go to India . If we purchase fruits and vegetables it will go to Mexico , Honduras and Guatemala . If we purchase a good car, it will go to Germany  and Japan . If we purchase useless crap, it will go to Taiwan . In short, none of it will help the American economy.

The only way to keep that money here at home is to spend it on prostitutes and beer, since these are the only products still produced in the US .

Very funny!! ;D …But too pessimistic! I don’t believe that is true at all. Vice versa, I see a bright future for the US. :)

Cheers!

giofranchi

very funny.

The sad thing is that in order for it to be funny there has to be some truth there.

I agree though that U.S will find a way to grow out of this. e.g. Hey we know they are going to spend 18-20% of GDP in health care. Who does not want to feel better and live longer

Guest rimm_never_sleeps

Things That Make You Go Hmmm... on Central Bank Balance Sheets and Gold.

giofranchi

thank you for these documents.

Guest wellmont

Things That Make You Go Hmmm... on Central Bank Balance Sheets and Gold.

giofranchi

thank you for these documents.

wellmont, you changed your name?  ???

Excuse my ignorance, but who is LM?

Thank you!

In attachment the latest from Mr. Don Coxe.

giofranchi

a character from oliver stone's wall street. :)

Some investors, fixated on current return, reach for yield not with a new Wall Street product, but a very old one: common stocks. Finding bond yields unacceptably low, they pour money into stocks at the worst imaginable times. These investors fail to consider that bond market yields are public information, well known to stock investors who incorporate the current level of interest rates into share prices. When bond yields are low, share prices are likely to be high. Yield-seeking investors who rush into stocks when yields are low not only fail to achieve a free lunch, they also tend to buy in at or near a market top.

- "Margin of Safety", Seth A. Klarman

giofranchi

Long-Term-Rates.png.40cf03fdf477820e67672e5960016f5e.png

Short-Term-Rates.png.b5559c7409222150bb70dc451b0a53a7.png