Record Low Apartment Starts + High Apartment Demand = Opportunity

http://modeledbehavior.com/2012/01/05/reality-has-a-well-known-smithian-bias/

Not only are we likely to see an increase in the number of folks looking for an apartment this year, but we will have a record – yes record – low number of new apartment buildings coming online this year.

I need to spend some quality time with this data series but I am pretty sure that we can be confident that 2012 will give us the tightest year of apartment vacancies in recorded history. Yes, the tightest year in recorded history.

I will see how much time I can devote to this data over the weekend and give an update next week.

This in turn means higher rents.

...and banks aren't jumping on this yet?

An apartment unit has the same number of appliances as a single family home.

1 dishwasher

1 oven/range

1 refrigerator

1 washer/dryer

etc.. etc...

Some people have been negatively commenting on how the recent increase in construction has been skewed towards multifamily housing, however there must be some businesses (appliances for example) that will see the same recovery in unit demand as they would from a single family home sale.  Perhaps the Sears appliance business.

An apartment unit has the same number of appliances as a single family home.

1 dishwasher

1 oven/range

1 refrigerator

1 washer/dryer

etc.. etc...

Some people have been negatively commenting on how the recent increase in construction has been skewed towards multifamily housing, however there must be some businesses (appliances for example) that will see the same recovery in unit demand as they would from a single family home sale.  Perhaps the Sears appliance business.

Turn the old Sears/Kmart properties (land) into multifamily units!!