Proposal to eliminate some taxes on overseas profits

Liberty

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Romney or Huntsman?  I think there is a pretty large spectrum of folks to choose from.

Packer

Huntsman does appear to be far more moderate.

"To be clear. I believe in evolution and trust scientists on global warming. Call me crazy,"

- Ron Huntsman

Which explains why he's running at about 1% in the GOP polls right now.  :)

What about Romney or Huntsman?  I think there is a pretty large spectrum of folks to choose from.

Packer

Huntsman does appear to be far more moderate.

"To be clear. I believe in evolution and trust scientists on global warming. Call me crazy,"

- Ron Huntsman

Which explains why he's running at about 1% in the GOP polls right now.  :)

I think this is the question that Hester was raising. Why is it that one has to adopt extreme right wing ideas to get a shot in the GOP race? Huntsman is someone that I would probably consider voting for but he has no shot and everybody in the Republican camp dismisses him.

As far as I know Romney does not have any of the extreme views so he could be your man.

Packer

Good point. I hope either Romney or Bachmann wins the nomination. Romney I don't mind, and Bachmann will never beat Obama, so it's a win-win :P

As far as I know Romney does not have any of the extreme views so he could be your man.

Packer

Yeah... Romney is actually an OK conservative but a politician to the core (but then again aren't they all including Obama and the Dems).

My issue with him is that he was actually a fairly successful Governor of Massachusetts but once he started running for president he threw out everything he stood for to pander to the far right. He's distancing himself from a pretty successful healthcare plan that he passed in MA; throughout his MA political career he was pro abortion and now he says that he prayed about it and he found out he was wrong so now he is against it. Stuff like that turns me off.

Huntsman on the other hand looks like a pretty straight forward fellow that is not willing to sell himself out to please what the fringes want