Jump to content

Canadian Tax Question on Bonds


Recommended Posts

if interest incurred is from a capital that is used to earn a revenue (or capital gain) then it is tax deductable.


A friend of mine had this idea that if you have money invested outside a RRSP or TFSA, and you have a mortgage, you then take the money to pay the mortgage, then, you withdraw the money through a HELOC, and invest it back. It is a way to deduct interest from your mortgage in Canada.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...