Another Article on Block

Parsad

Guest Hester

As far as Wellington's track record is concerned one might suspect that perhaps, jut perhaps they have had some successes in the same period?

Not with Chinese RTO's. Name one they have bought that has gone up, because I can name 5 that are frauds.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just surprised that people have been so quick to jump to the conclusion that Block’s report is completely legitimate.

Would you like to provide a quote of anyone here who has "jumped to the conclusion that Block's report is completely legitimate."

And when someone expresses the opinion that this debate has no place on a value investors board I keep wondering... suppose Block's report is shown to be mostly inaccurate and and exaggerated? Would people have just missed an excellent oportunity?

If you are referring to the opinion I expressed, may I remind you of the clarification I posted - which is that your use of argument from authority  and unsubstantiated risk-reward ratios have no place on a value board. Why don't you provide a single value (BRK or FFH style) argument for investing in Sino? If I remember correctly, you actually characterised Sino as a interesting gamble or speculation early on purely on the basis of the attractive risk reward ratio.

As for your purchase of Sino at $3, let me tell you of the time I made a 300% return in Las Vegas in just half an hour. What does it prove other than I was lucky and probably dumb?

Let's just deal with one fact that I have pointed out before but you seem oblivious to. In the cc, Sino said that they had no way of verifying whether their authorised agents had paid Sino's taxes on their behalf. Can you explain to me then whether you think Sino can verify the amount of cash that these AIs hold on their behalf? If not, how can you value Sino?

“If you are referring to the opinion I expressed”

I wasn’t referring to anything you said oec2000. This was a remark made some time ago.

Please read my previous posts. For about the 10th time I am not, nor have I, defended Sino other than to say that I suspect Block’s claims were exaggerated. I have never advised anyone to buy TRE. This could be XYZ company and the report could have been made by Bernie Madoff. I am simply surprised that so many gave so much credibility to the report report without waiting for more supporting information. End of story.

• 5 years later...