Fairfax Community Contributions (charitable donations)

Grenville

I'd like to start a thread that tracks Fairfax Financial's charitable donations. It's always interesting to see how the company continues to "to do good by doing well."

"OdysseyRe donated $10 million to Stamford Hospital to be used toward a $575 million upgrade, which city planners hope will serve as a magnet for further development in the city’s west end.

The OdysseyRe gift will support the creation of a new emergency department that will double the number and size of exam rooms. Stamford Hospital also is planning multiple medical buildings equipped with surgical suites, inpatient rooms and other space."

http://westfaironline.com/2011/13619-stamford-hospital-launches-drive/

I just changed the first part of the title, so it's a little clearer.  I think this is a good idea, as alot of Berkshire shareholders took pride in their ownership when Berkshire used to have their charitable donation program. 

Knowing how Fairfax and it's subsidiaries contribute, or even direct contributions to the community by it's employees, would just instill more pride and loyalty into the shareholder base.  The booths this year, in particular Toronto's Hospital for Sick Kids, was a great idea.  Cheers!