Short & Sweet Buffett/Munger quotes

Evolveus

If you're a member here, I'm certain you've read these before, but I don't think I can read these enough.  Nuggets of wisdom from two great men of extraordinary character.  Enjoy  :)

"I made my first investment at age eleven. I was wasting my life up until then." - Warren Buffett

"My idea of a group decision is to look in the mirror." - Warren Buffett

"It takes twenty years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." - Warren Buffett

"You're lucky in life if you have the right heroes. I advise all of you, to the extent that you can, pick out a few heroes. There's nothing like the right ones." - Warren Buffett

"I'm the luckiest guy in the world in terms of what I do for a living. No one can tell me to do things I don't believe in or things I think are stupid." - Warren Buffett

"I choose to work with every single person that I work with. That ends up being the most important factor. I don't interact with people I don't like or admire. That's the key. It's like marrying." - Warren Buffett

"I don't want to be on the other side of the table from the customer. I was never selling anything that I didn't believe in myself or use myself." - Warren Buffett

"Investment must be rational; if you can't understand it, don't do it." - Warren Buffett

"We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy, and to be greedy only when others are fearful." - Warren Buffett

"We believe that according the name 'investors' to institutions that trade actively is like calling someone who repeatedly engages in one-night stands a romantic." - Warren Buffett

"Of the billionaires I have known, money just brings out the basic traits in them. If they were jerks before they had money, they are simply jerks with a billion dollars." - Warren Buffett

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Spend each day trying to be a little wiser than you were when you woke up." - Charlie Munger

"In my whole life, I have known no wise people (over a broad subject matter area) who didn’t read all the time — none, zero." - Charlie Munger

"Choose clients as you would friends." - Charlie Munger

"It takes character to sit there with all that cash and do nothing. I didn’t get to where I am by going after mediocre opportunities." - Charlie Munger

"No wise pilot, no matter how great his talent and experience, fails to use his checklist." - Charlie Munger

"There are worse situations than drowning in cash and sitting, sitting, sitting. I remember when I wasn’t awash in cash — and I don’t want to go back." - Charlie Munger

"Once you get into debt, it’s hell to get out. Don’t let credit card debt carry over. You can’t get ahead paying eighteen percent." - Charlie Munger

"Spend less than you make; always be saving something. Put it into a tax-deferred account. Over time, it will begin to amount to something. This is such a no-brainer." - Charlie Munger

"Three rules for a career: 1) Don’t sell anything you wouldn’t buy yourself 2) Don’t work for anyone you don’t respect and admire; and 3) Work only with people you enjoy." - Charlie Munger

"I won’t bet $100 against house odds between now and the grave." - Charlie Munger

"I believe in the discipline of mastering the best that other people have ever figured out. I don’t believe in just sitting down and trying to dream it all up yourself. Nobody’s that smart." - Charlie Munger

h/t to Howard Donnelly

THE Podcast Editors

Found this one from Poor Charlie's Almanack and like the "Poor Richard's Alamanack" as well , though this one is from Franklin:

"It is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness and I pronouce it as certain that there was never a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous" - Ben Franklin

• 2 weeks later...