Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting 2024

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, charlieruane said:

Here's the video of Buffett with a cane, uploaded to CNBC's channel 8 hours ago. I'll confess it made me a little teary. 

Interesting piece. Thanks for sharing.

At his age and mental sharpness, I think we can let the use of a cane slide. 

Buffett said at the annual meeting, that the iPhone is maybe the greatest product of all time.

Now I´m thinking about my buying my first iPhone. 😉

Do you think Buffett did marketing the iPhone or is the iPhone really that great?

12 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Buffett said at the annual meeting, that the iPhone is maybe the greatest product of all time.

Do you think Buffett did marketing the iPhone or is the iPhone really that great?

iPhone is that great. I’m nearly all Apple product. And likely will upgrade to another iPhone when it’s time to upgrade. 

But it’s kinda one of many great devices too. 

2 hours ago, Charlie said:

y

I don't believe he had any effect on iPhone sales but did produce a halo around the equity. I also believe the greatness of the iPhone is not so much due the hardware but in how well it integrates with the entire ecosphere.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Charlie said:

OK, bought one. I hope it wil be the greatest product of all time. 🙂

Back in 2010, I had an Iphone 4 (if I remember well) and I remember that I was amazed about the product (the way it worked but especially also the build quality - it's robust, it doesn't move an inch after x time - even after x time it still looked like it was new (if you handle it properly)).

Since that time I switched twice to another brand but always came back, mainly because of the quality of the product (ease of working with the system, build quality, ...) and the value in keeps having over time (the residual value of an Iphone after 2 years is way higher compared to another brand). Since recently I also see another benefit which is safety. I'm trusting the ecosystem of Apple way more than any other, which allows me use any application on my phone (banking, broker, ...) without being afraid of having malware (or something else) on my phone. 

It will not be the best phone based on specs but it surely is overall the best phone you can find on the market (without wanting to triggering discussion, because feel free to make your own choices).  

Edited by Kizion