Three Themes Creating Opportunities in Global Real Estate

John Hjorth

Read this today :

Brookfield - White Paper - May 10th 2023 [19 Minute Read] :Three Themes Creating Opportunities in Global Real Estate [Download available on the webpage and attached here].

- - - o 0 o - - -

I think on overall basis that this whitepaper at the date of release had merit, and that it still has. I can't see anything else that there is a lot to do that may turn out lucrative all over the palette in any dimension you may prefer and choose, if proper preparation and analysis is carried out before investment decisions are made.

Personally, I have no desire to become a landlord at this stage in life by doing direct RE investments - I consider myself too old for such stuff, besides that I don't want to. Actual  and present existence too pleasant by now to have it spoiled by tennants calling about defunct plumming, defunct power etc.

So I have been looking at listed real estate companies in many places and countries within the last few months, to avoid the operational part of such ownership, by basically paying somebody for that part, to not get involved directly in operational tasks.

I think the key to make the right decisions here where we are now in markets is to understand at a deeper level the existing financing of each specific investment object of interest. 

Brookfield - White Paper - 20230510 - Three Themes in Real Estate May 2023_0 - 20230924.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Bloomberg - BusinessWeek Finance [October 4th 2023] : European Real Estate Faces New Pressure as Property Funds Wobble.

Explanation of a French OPCI :

Primonial Reim France : What is an OPCI: how does it work?

Geez - How lame is that? A legal entity for real estate investment for the unexperienced investor lingering between buying real estate or stock market investments, setup as a sort of open ended fund with no permanent capital - for real estate investments?! -Personally, I think the abbreviation for such creature should be changed to : CPE in stead of OPCI, where CPE stands for "Construit Pour Exploser".

I just checked the minimum number of French idiots :  It's 349 + 577 [349 members of the upper chamber called the Senate and 577 for the lower camber called the National Assembly] = 926.