RIP Golden Jet

boilermaker75

Bobby Hull was my Mothers age where she grew up in Picton Ontario ;below are her comments to me today after informing her of his passing on information 

In mom's words;  he delivered Coca Cola to the grocery store where I worked in the summer and he played baseball on the diamond near our house. Of course their cattle ranch was in the general area too.  He was a nice guy then      

6 hours ago, drzola said:

I was born in Parry Sound myself where the better Bobby is from of course.

When I went off to college in the Fall of 71 I stopped following hockey. So the Bobby I was familiar with was from the 60s.

He and Dennis once were signing autographs at a promotion at an appliance store in my hometown. I waited forever to get their autographs. When I left the line was just as long and they stayed till everyone got an autograph.

The whole family had perhaps the greatest knack for the net anyone has ever seen.  Bobby, Dennis and Brett were all pure goal scorers. 

Never had the privilege of meeting Bobby or Brett, but I spoke for a while with Dennis.  Really a terrific, friendly guy!  

Bobby is still loved dearly in Chicago and Winnipeg!  Cheers!

19 hours ago, boilermaker75 said:

When I went off to college in the Fall of 71 I stopped following hockey. So the Bobby I was familiar with was from the 60s.

He and Dennis once were signing autographs at a promotion at an appliance store in my hometown. I waited forever to get their autographs. When I left the line was just as long and they stayed till everyone got an autograph.

Yeah, growing up in the 60's in Chicago, it was all about the Hawks. The city loved that team. No helmets, goalies still not wearing facemarks. I used to

drive down to Berwyn to Gunzo's - the only hockey store in Chicago land 

to buy all this great Canadian equipment - gloves, Bauer skates, Sherwood sticks, etc.  --- Thank you Canadians!