Supermoney Profiles of Graham and Buffett

woodstove

Found in my community book exchange, a copy of Supermoney (1972) by George Goodman (writing as Adam Smith). 

Pages 177-204 have excellent profiles of Ben Graham and Warren Buffett, written in 1972, when Buffett had left the market. 

Well before Roger Lowenstein's 2008 biography, Buffett: Making of an American Capitalist (memorable phrase: "Buffett was back").

If you can find Supermoney, I recommend it.  50 years ago, good to remember we were as foolish then as now. 

Goodman writes well.  His closing essay, "Well, Watchman, What of the Night?" (pages 242-295), regarding motivations, is very thoughtful, and relevant to today's circumstances.

See other works by Goodman via wiki page.  "The Money Game" was reportedly a bestseller.   Haven't read that (yet).

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes to All!

Very good interview.  Guess that the interviewer was George Goodman, as he refers to his book Supermoney.  A comment at Youtube says interview was recorded in 1984 and aired in 1985.  Pretty consistent message from WEB, 1984 to 2022.  Consider business behaviour not stock behaviour, can be patient until opportunity just-right.  Wow!

On 12/25/2022 at 11:43 AM, woodstove said:

Found in my community book exchange, a copy of Supermoney (1972) by George Goodman (writing as Adam Smith). 

Pages 177-204 have excellent profiles of Ben Graham and Warren Buffett, written in 1972, when Buffett had left the market. 

Well before Roger Lowenstein's 2008 biography, Buffett: Making of an American Capitalist (memorable phrase: "Buffett was back").

If you can find Supermoney, I recommend it.  50 years ago, good to remember we were as foolish then as now. 

Goodman writes well.  His closing essay, "Well, Watchman, What of the Night?" (pages 242-295), regarding motivations, is very thoughtful, and relevant to today's circumstances.

See other works by Goodman via wiki page.  "The Money Game" was reportedly a bestseller.   Haven't read that (yet).

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes to All!

Here is my copy of "The Money Game,"  $1.25. I read it around 1970.

Money Game.jpg