How to Find an Investment Mentor?

bsned2

This is turning ridiculous - for your part, muscleman.

The market is the most brutal machine. I was just speaking from my personal experience. Ego is absolutely meaningless to me. When I started in 2010, these are the exact words that I wish someone could tell me.

I have read each response and find all opinions valuable. Thank you everyone.

Of course I will not risk my nest egg on my own learning curve as an investor.  I'd commit a small percentage of my money to my own attempts.  But i would hope over time -- 10 years? -- I could start to feel more confident.

Anyway someone lovely and generous from this board volunteered to help me out, so off I go.  A lot of reading and basic learning of analysis await me.

I'll keep you all posted!

I have read each response and find all opinions valuable. Thank you everyone.

Of course I will not risk my nest egg on my own learning curve as an investor.  I'd commit a small percentage of my money to my own attempts.  But i would hope over time -- 10 years? -- I could start to feel more confident.

Anyway someone lovely and generous from this board volunteered to help me out, so off I go.  A lot of reading and basic learning of analysis await me.

I'll keep you all posted!

I would recommend that you do not say 10 years or 5 years or whatever. Investing is Hard. I’ve seen countless people who said they commit 10 years, and give up in 5 years, or said they commit 2 years, and give up in 1. To be successful, you have to be “all in”. And tell yourself to spend the entire life to figure this out.