Need Clarification on NYSE Voluntary Delisting...

Guest swf83

If I buy more shares of FFH today, and have a core position in my account with the symbol FFH, I will not be affected in any way with my position once the conversion happens, correct? If I want to sell, I will be able to sell by entering in FFH in my Fidelity account to sell, correct?

Thanks

I will be able to sell by entering in FFH in my Fidelity account to sell, correct?

Is this an IRA account or just an individual brokerage account?

Fidelity now has an "international trading" offering in the individual brokerage account.  This just went live in the past month.  So you can now trade FFH.TO if you want.  But you have to enable the feature in your account.  You go into the "Account&Trade" menu and choose "Update Accounts/Features".  Then "International Trading" is listed 2nd from the bottom.

But they still don't allow you to margin foreign stocks.

Guest longinvestor

I will be able to sell by entering in FFH in my Fidelity account to sell, correct?

Is this an IRA account or just an individual brokerage account?

I have it in a Fidelity IRA - anyone know how that will work?

I too have a Fidelity IRA with FFH in it. I called their international trading desk and was told that it should be no problem for them to tradeon the TSX. The rep said he would wait for an official communication to their trading desk before we decide on the next steps to take. He did not seem concerned. I am waiting.

Does Fidelity allow you to purchase and sell odd lots of foreign shares? 

I tried to buy some FFH.TO in my Etrade global account on Friday, and they don't allow odd lot purchases.  I don't have enough money to buy 100 shares of FFH, so I guess I'm out of luck unless I switch to a different brokerage or someone issues an ADR.