Mentoring on CoBF

undervalued

Did anyone have suggested this subject before on the board?

I am a beginner investor and I am willing to put up the time to be a good investor but I don't know where to start. I've been reading valuation books but I still don't know how to apply it. I am looking for someone I can help and also help myself learn from. It would be good if you already have a track record so I know that you're not just lucky.

I have a day time job so I have about 4 hours every night to work on my investing.

Assuming you have the standard finance & accounting knowledge and have read the oft-cited value texts (Graham, Buffett, Klarman, Marks, Greenblatt, etc.), I think your best bet may be to propose investment ideas and receive feedback and criticism. You will learn quickly by this process (and even more by actually putting money at stake).

My most impressive learning experiences from COBF was having generally positive feedback on certain ideas proposed and then having those ideas flop. A cheap tuition for a valuable lesson.

I'm not sure what @undervalued wants.

However, things that are not available through forum (as we're discussing on another thread) are position sizing, concentration, entry/exit, etc.

This might be something where mentoring might help a lot.

I don't know if anyone would agree to do it though... :)

Assuming you have the standard finance & accounting knowledge and have read the oft-cited value texts (Graham, Buffett, Klarman, Marks, Greenblatt, etc.), I think your best bet may be to propose investment ideas and receive feedback and criticism. You will learn quickly by this process (and even more by actually putting money at stake).

My most impressive learning experiences from COBF was having generally positive feedback on certain ideas proposed and then having those ideas flop. A cheap tuition for a valuable lesson.

+1.