Marquis Jets mentioned on Entourage Finale

dcollon

I always enjoy hearing companies that I follow mentioned in different settings.

Did anyone catch the mention of Marquis Jets in the Entourage Finale (on HBO).  Matt Damon was also wearing a Marquis Jets baseball hat.  It's not the first time Marquis has been mentioned.  Last season when Vincent Chase and the boys were trying to make a trip to the Cannes Film Festival Ari yeld at Lloyd to get in touch with his guy at Marquis.

For those of you that don't watch Entourage this won't make any sense and I know it's random, but I love the marketing angles.

Actually, Alnesh, my brother and I hung out a couple of times at "The Urth Cafe" on Melrose last September.  That's where Vince and his crew usually hang out in the show.  Very good coffee, dessert, pastries and sandwiches.  I also took my Mom to The Ivy for her birthday.  Nice atmosphere but the food is over-rated.  Quite the snobby attitude from the servers as well.  We had a very nice outside patio table to gawk at the celebrities. 

My favorite place to have a nice breakfast or lunch in Los Angeles is The Blvd restaurant in the Beverly Wilshire.  The first time I went there was to meet Jonathan Dash for breakfast.  Now when I go to Los Angeles, I always eat there.  Very nice, but not pretentious.  The food is surprisingly good for a hotel restaurant, and the prices are quite reasonable considering the location, hotel and atmosphere.  The eggs bennie are one of the best, as are the Kobe beef mini burgers.  Cheers! 

Hi David,

You know, I wasted much of my eating opportunity in Chicago on Steak'n Shakes, but there are alot of great restaurants in that city.  Next year I'll take it easy on the SNS, and eat a bit more at some of the other restaurants.  Another great place in Los Angeles if you like seafood is Dukes in Malibu.  Fantastic fish, comfy place and great atmosphere.  Make sure you get a table near the windows at the back so you can watch the waves crashing about 20 feet from where you are sitting.  Cheers!

Guest kawikaho

Your reviews remind me of Yelp.  I bet you've got tons of reviews of food joints on there.  I've been to the original Dukes in Waikiki many times.  Didn't know they had one in Malibu.  Now that I'm working in LA, I'll go and check that place out sometime.