The next great capital allocator

frog03

You know what's crazy?  This dipshit puts out these phony press releases and gets these articles written, and then probably manages to raise millions in investment capital.  But here we are, kicking the market's ass for four years during the worst economic slump in decades, and we can barely raise a dime.  Amazing!  Cheers!

perhaps this guy should be the subject of a new thread: the next great ponzi scammer! :)

You know what's crazy?  This dipshit puts out these phony press releases and gets these articles written, and then probably manages to raise millions in investment capital.  But here we are, kicking the market's ass for four years during the worst economic slump in decades, and we can barely raise a dime.  Amazing!  Cheers!

LOL, its funny but hey being good at capital allocation doesn't necessarily mean that same person can be equally good at the business of capital allocation. I feel that skill of capital allocation and business of capital allocation, are two very different skill set.

In my opinion reverse is true most of the times. I meant, majority of people who are good at business of capital allocation generally have very poor skills of capital allocation.  Like Sanjeev, I find it amusing that often people who have very poor skill of capital allocation are able to raise money quickly and most of the time they exploit the human nature of taking short cuts(not doing any due diligence like Sanjeev did) and greed factor( believing in all rosy forecast of profit and ignore the risk).

I don't know about others but I do see it all the time. But there is silver lining in this, due to them market creates opportunities and we get chance to make some decent gain :)

LOL, its funny but hey being good at capital allocation doesn't necessarily mean that same person can be equally good at the business of capital allocation. I feel that skill of capital allocation and business of capital allocation, are two very different skill set.

I think what you are basically saying is that some people are good at capital allocation and others at marketing, but the same person is not usually good at both.  This could be said about any business.  The ones that market themselves the best are not usually the ones with the superior product.

--Eric

I think what you are basically saying is that some people are good at capital allocation and others at marketing, but the same person is not usually good at both.  This could be said about any business.  The ones that market themselves the best are not usually the ones with the superior product.

--Eric

That is probably because good capital allocators are too geeky to deal with people, as they are perfectly content to sit alone in a room reading SEC filings all day. ;P

--Eric

That is probably because good capital allocators are too geeky to deal with people, as they are perfectly content to sit alone in a room reading SEC filings all day. ;P

Agree with both of you. To add, I think some sucessful marketers , who are not good at capital allocation, use methonds which a honest person will never use.

If a person is not honest then no one should give even single cent to that person to manage irrespective of supposedly high potential he might have . Having a intelligent and dishonest person is most deadly combination you can have for your investment manager :)