Tracking Personal Net Worth

frugalchief

quicken is the best in my experience i track everything in it (credit cards, cash, stocks, funds, real estate, loans, private investments etc. etc.)

hy

Agreed.  Quicken can track everything including investment returns by stock, account, time period, asset class etc.  Have all my data input since 1993 and available in 1 file.

Personally I don't calculate that crap, I know I spend significantly less than I earn to begin with aka I have a large personal finance margin of safety! I'm reasonably cheap on the big stuff, so that I can live well on the day-to-day. I own a 7yo car paid in cash, rent a room, etc. So I don't think twice if I want to treat a coworker to lunch, go do activities of any kind, buy books on amazon etc. I also only buy stuff when I need/want them rather than chasing bargains for crap I won't use. I enjoy life much more that way than having a brand new car, boat, mortgage, RV, 3D HD plasma TV and stay up all night, calculating every penny to figure out whether I'll make it this month. These toys just won't make me happier enough to justify the cost. Rant over  :-X.