Sporting Life Expansion

They are going to be in tough in Vancouver, unless they make it more like a boutique or something.  You've got big chains like Mountain Equipment Coop and Sport Chek to compete with in BC.  Who really know their stuff and carry broad assortments of gear, equipment and clothing.  Then you have all of the specialty stores in BC.  It's very, very competitive! 

The prices I saw in Toronto would not work here in Vancouver, unless they were selling through a high-end boutique type of store on Robson where mainly tourists would be buying, or in West Vancouver or Whiterock, where there is less competition and per capita income is high.  Cheers!

Guest longinvestor

They are going to be in tough in Vancouver, unless they make it more like a boutique or something.  You've got big chains like Mountain Equipment Coop and Sport Chek to compete with in BC.  Who really know their stuff and carry broad assortments of gear, equipment and clothing.  Then you have all of the specialty stores in BC.  It's very, very competitive! 

The prices I saw in Toronto would not work here in Vancouver, unless they were selling through a high-end boutique type of store on Robson where mainly tourists would be buying, or in West Vancouver or Whiterock, where there is less competition and per capita income is high.  Cheers!

+1

I found the high prices at Toronto, as well as at William Ashley. The retail industry model for high prices? Count me as a skeptic.