Whistleblower - your thoughts please

Mikenhe

Just one thing - the whole 'it was hard for me to get into the country, why should it be easy for them' argument is just stupid. It's a grown-up equivalent to the fourth graders saying that it's right to bully first-graders because when they were in first grade the fourth-graders bullied them.

As none of them are looking to be here long term then this is rendered irrelevant in this case. My two reasons that made it worth reporting are mentioned just above.

Although I do understand that this argument will be completely lost on most xenophobic Americans.  Your imaginary lines on a map are much more important to you than these mere human beings.

Um, these aren't refugees from a third-world country trying make a better life for themselves getting screwed by US Immigration.  These are people entering the US under false pretenses probably for two reasons: (1) it's takes time and money to bring them here legally for work and/or (2) the US authority would probably be collecting taxes on their labor in the US.  Basically, the company wants to avoid paying these costs so they pretend they are vacationers.  As someone who works for one of the largest global consulting firms in the world, I can assure you that global deployments are not easy nor cheap.  And our firm takes this processes VERY seriously.

Just one thing - the whole 'it was hard for me to get into the country, why should it be easy for them' argument is just stupid. It's a grown-up equivalent to the fourth graders saying that it's right to bully first-graders because when they were in first grade the fourth-graders bullied them.

What he's suggesting is that they obey the law. I see it more like, "I pay taxes and therefore they should, too."