Dinner With Mohnish & Guy

Parsad

Mohnish and Guy are in Vancouver right now for the TED Conference, so Alnesh and I had dinner with them tonight.  According to Mohnish, Guy's book is fantastic! 

A no-holds barred book on how Guy's life was shaped by value investing, including some salacious and emotionally very truthful chapters.  In short, he doesn't just talk about the intellectual framework of investing, but how it affects and changes your life.  Go to the thread below and you can pre-order on Amazon:

http://www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca/forum/books/the-education-of-a-value-investor-by-guy-spier/

It was a rip-roaring night!  We had dinner at Maurya Restaurant because as Mohnish put it..."Sanjeev just get me some fu*king Indian food!  None of this fusion sh*t we had last night!"  ;D  Cheers!

Mohnish__Guy_-_TED_2014_009.thumb.JPG.dee07d2262e4cf8e5dcdf8baf210da0d.JPG

Hi Sanjeev,

Looks like a pleasant company. Who are you on the picture?

I just made myself a present with Guy's book.

By the way, I read that you were mentioned in "of permanent value". Could you help me with the chapter where you are mentioned (i've got the 1998 edition)? I could re-read the book of course, but the book is quite a whopper, so I thougt it to be easier to just ask... ;)

Hi Sanjeev,

By the way, I read that you were mentioned in "of permanent value". Could you help me with the chapter where you are mentioned (i've got the 1998 edition)? I could re-read the book of course, but the book is quite a whopper, so I thougt it to be easier to just ask... ;)

I wasn't mentioned until the 2005 edition, where the chapter written was titled "A View From Vancouver...Lunch With Prem Watsa".  Cheers!

Hi Sanjeev,

I wasn't mentioned until the 2005 edition, where the chapter written was titled "A View From Vancouver...Lunch With Prem Watsa".  Cheers!

Thanks for the answer.

Instead of buying the new edition, I'll wait for your own book to appear (or have you got already one?)...

At least half of the guys on the picture have already a book to show, so I guess it's only a matter of time...

Instead of buying the new edition, I'll wait for your own book to appear (or have you got already one?)...

At least half of the guys on the picture have already a book to show, so I guess it's only a matter of time...

My comment about patiently awaiting the book release served double duty for Guy and Sanjeev.

Is Sanjeev to Monish's right or left? I

Would have said to his left, our right, far right side of the picture.

I'm the short, bald, chubby guy next to Mohnish in the middle.  Alnesh is to Mohnish's left and Guy Spiers is to my right.  Cheers!

I'm the short, bald, chubby guy next to Mohnish in the middle.  Alnesh is to Mohnish's left and Guy Spiers is to my right.  Cheers!

I bet you're sorry you posted that pic at this point.

I bet you're sorry you posted that pic at this point.

It is what it is, my friend.  It is what it is!  ;D  Cheers!