Biglari buys Maxim

OracleofCarolina

note to next editor of Maxim.......do NOT put a dude on the cover!!

Oh man, this is just too good. Biglari wanted to hang out on the sets of scantily clad photoshoots.  He must have walked in to the shoot and flipped his lid. 

Amazing what ego can do to an intelligent person.

This whole thing makes Biggles seem like maybe he's not such a great leader of people.

This has been obvious for a long time now.

I wasn't so sure. He's done a great job with his restaurant businesses, all things considered, but I think that a different skillset is probably required here. So I think he's probably a good businessman, but not necessarily a good leader.

This whole thing makes Biggles seem like maybe he's not such a great leader of people.

I wasn't so sure. He's done a great job with his restaurant businesses, all things considered, but I think that a different skillset is probably required here. So I think he's probably a good businessman, but not necessarily a good leader.

No, he's not a good CEO or leader of people, and the restaurants were doing best when he had better people around him.  The restaurant business in the last couple of years has been neglected, as he over-leveraged it and was focused on CBRL and other endeavours...such as getting control and voting rights.  Cheers! 

No, he's not a good CEO or leader of people, and the restaurants were doing best when he had better people around him.  The restaurant business in the last couple of years has been neglected, as he over-leveraged it and was focused on CBRL and other endeavours...such as getting control and voting rights.  Cheers!

Well, you've been following it a lot closer than I have and have experience with the man so I'll defer to your judgment on the matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Many things funny about this, he might want to learn his new boss's name, its not Bilgari. Also love how they call Biglari a billionaire. Great reporting there.

<<“It’s like 12 ways to decorate your dorm room. I want to do something for a more mature audience,” O’Brien said, before turning to how he met Bilgari, the Persian billionaire  who purchased the men’s glossy for about $12 million.>>

Here he goes again with the wrong name. Sidar?!! These two are off to a great start.

<<“Some friends of mine brought up my name to Sidar,” O’Brien said nonchalantly. “We saw eye to eye on things. We wanted to do really great fashion and get the best writers, photographers and illustrators. I see a gap in the men’s market.”>>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Grey512

Maxim no longer is carried at our local Kroger. Not sure at this point where I could buy it.

Grocery stores. That's where I always get my pr0n.  8)

If I was drinking something when I read this, the stuff would have exited through my nose.