krazeenyc

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Luke for updating this thread.

Did you count all stores closed (or planned to be) in 2014 ?

I haven't, but that can be done just by reading through this thread and adding up the total... or picking up where krazeenyc left off (you can see where he left off in the first post of this thread).

• 2 weeks later...

Something that caught my attention, but might be nothing, in the latest closure (link at bottom of post):

The article below quotes SHLD as saying...

Sears said simply the closings are prompted by "a change in business circumstances."

...as opposed to the script on all other closings (as far as I can remember):

“Store closures are part of a series of actions we’re taking to reduce ongoing expenses, adjust our asset base, and accelerate the transformation of our business model.  These actions will better enable us to focus our investments on serving our customers and members through integrated retail — at the store, online and in the home.”

The article below also says...

Sears says there are no bumping or transfer rights for them to get jobs at other Sears locations.

...as opposed to the script in other closures:

“Those associates that are eligible will receive severance and have the opportunity to apply for open positions at area Sears or Kmart stores,” he added.

Again, probably nothing, but interesting.

Here's the article:

Sears closing Fond du Lac store and auto center (November)

http://www.wbay.com/story/26284619/2014/08/14/sears-closing-fond-du-lac-store-and-auto-center

• 4 weeks later...