WEB's networth contribution

hyten1

just out of curiosity, i was wondering if anyone has ever encounter any sort of study or breakdown of the percentage contribution to BRK and/or WEB networth is?

meanings out of 50bil of networth (estimate) maybe KO's gain contributed to 10% of it, GEICO's gain maybe 5% of that etc.?

just curious

hy

I don't think that applies to the massive market cap today.

They have been saying that since the 90's.

I think it was accurate when it was below 100 billion. Obviously it helped for them to get where they are but growth now is difficult because its mostly operating companies and not stocks.

Web wants that trend to continue per his shareholder letters.

Washington post and geico I think were his two most additive to Berkshire security investments.

Geico and wash post were greater than 50 baggers for him and the company was still pretty small in the mid 70s

yes, i guess i was just curious.

it would be interesting if top 5 or handful of investments contribute majority of WEB's success.

Are you trying to quantify WEB/Munger's statements that the top 20 decisions have contributed to the majority of their net worth?

yes, i guess i was just curious.

it would be interesting if top 5 or handful of investments contribute majority of WEB's success.

Are you trying to quantify WEB/Munger's statements that the top 20 decisions have contributed to the majority of their net worth?

I would guess that it is a combination of public investments (American Express, GEICO, KO) and the private ones that never needed additional capital (See's Candy, others?)