What the market is ignoring now...

Cardboard

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The messes the US "created" on either side probably make it less likely Iran would be attacked by a nation state which could be disuaded by nuclear capability.  You think they can work better with malaki or sadaam?  The afghans aren't attacking anyone, they couldn't organize a light bulb change.  The kurds could take over the whole country in a month.  We are bombing the radicals in wasiristan back even further into the stone age.  We basically built them buffers.

I meant more that Iran has a deployed US military or US-guided military on both its sides.

Thanks to Cardboard for putting the Iran situation onto my radar - still struggling to figure out myself how the recent deal ultimately affects the market, but here are a couple of good articles from this week's Economist:

http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21590959-encouraging-interim-deal-iran-makes-permanent-check-its-nuclear-ambitions-easier

http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21590958-deal-between-america-and-iran-would-have-big-repercussions-shifting-sands

The messes the US "created" on either side probably make it less likely Iran would be attacked by a nation state which could be disuaded by nuclear capability.  You think they can work better with malaki or sadaam?  The afghans aren't attacking anyone, they couldn't organize a light bulb change.  The kurds could take over the whole country in a month.  We are bombing the radicals in wasiristan back even further into the stone age.  We basically built them buffers.

I meant more that Iran has a deployed US military or US-guided military on both its sides.

I agree with this. Can't help but wonder if part of the deal with Iran is to set them up as a potential partner for Afghanistan. (We'll withdraw from around you and let you spread your weight, if you don't make nukes).