Best way to read reports?

matjone

Samsung Note 10.1 2014 is a great device for reading and taking notes.  The screen resolution is better than ipad and it has an active digitizer, which helps in accurate note taking.  (The older Note 10.1 had poor resolution).  It also has an SD card slot which can be used for memory expansion upto 16GB.  There's a bit of learning curve in getting used to the pen, because it has many features.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-10-1-White/dp/B00F3SOJ88

I've actually been thinking about the new Galaxy Note 12 for this purpose. And I say that as a die-hard Apple user.  I am annoyed with not having a real digitizer on the ipad for my scribbles.

• 8 months later...

I am waiting for that perfect device that displays everything exactly as if I had printed it, with no eye strain, long battery life, and low price, but from what I can tell it hasn't been invented yet.

Sony's Digital Paper System may fit your requirement, but it is expensive. It is available to public now at $999.

http://store.sony.com/digital-paper-system-zid27-DPTS1/cat-27-catid-digital-paper

for kindle touch

One good option is to save the html or pdf and then send an email (attaching your file) to your kindle with subject "Convert". Amazon does a good job of converting to kindle format. you may incur charges (not for wifi) for whispernet.

there is an option called "reading mode" in kindle's web browser. this is really good too

There are tools like caliber, mobipocket that convert any files to epub, aws (kindle) ...

---

Kindle DX is awesome, you can read a pdf in landscape mode if needed. There is no need to convert.

*** beware *** when you compile a list on your kindle / amazon cloud, you have to go click on them one by one to delete them, I hate kindle for that reason now

Thanks, this device looks neat.  I like the fact that it's not made for browsing.  Reading on a computer with internet access really tests my willpower.

I'll wait until they are out for a while, that way I can wait for the reviews to come in and talk to people about them and maybe try them out, and the price will probably come down too.