Dear Don Graham

Parsad

Guest longinvestor

Unfortunate for the newspaper industry participants; However this happens to get written up and read by everyone in the world because of exalted place of the press in our lives, especially the elite, educated patrons of the press.

Loss of jobs and livelihoods in industry and manufacturing in particular, is an every day occurrence for decades and all the world sees is an occasional headline (like during Romney's prez campaign since Bain Capital's manufacturing stories); Anyone affected is simply expected to deal with it and move on. You hear all the typical bromides, "You know what happened to agriculture", "we are moving to a service economy", "capital will flow to the best opportunities" etc. There is not supposed to be any emotion with disruption in manufacturing lives. So it is the media's turn. One of these days, TV will likely face something similar. Big deal!

Unfortunate for the newspaper industry participants; However this happens to get written up and read by everyone in the world because of exalted place of the press in our lives, especially the elite, educated patrons of the press.

Loss of jobs and livelihoods in industry and manufacturing in particular, is an every day occurrence for decades and all the world sees is an occasional headline (like during Romney's prez campaign since Bain Capital's manufacturing stories); Anyone affected is simply expected to deal with it and move on. You hear all the typical bromides, "You know what happened to agriculture", "we are moving to a service economy", "capital will flow to the best opportunities" etc. There is not supposed to be any emotion with disruption in manufacturing lives. So it is the media's turn. One of these days, TV will likely face something similar. Big deal!

Perhaps, but I would feel a whole lot worse if my local newspaper (The Vancouver Sun) went under, rather than any one of the local cable companies...I really wouldn't blink if the cable company went under, whereas the paper has been a part of my life since I could sit on a toilet and read!  ;D 

Maybe one day I'll walk into the can with a Kindle, but somehow it won't quite be the same.  Plus the paper would get recycled right away, whereas the Kindle would have to be disinfected!  Cheers! 

Maybe one day I'll walk into the can with a Kindle.........

I dream of a world where we can all take a Kindle into the can.  ;D

LOL!  Free at last, free at last, thank God all mighty we are free at last...from ink on our fingers!  Cheers!